Dare To Dance in Public Film Festival challenges you to submit to… Six Foot Distance Dances.
How do we dance in isolation… and how do we connect?
How do we create relevance dancing in the privacy of our own homes?
What do we feel while being physically limited by an invisible enemy?
In the face of COVID-19, we refuse to be stopped… if anything, perhaps our creativity should be amplified.
So we challenge ourselves and we challenge you…
Conceptualize, choreograph, direct, art direct, & in all ways engage in the creation of a 1-minute or less site-specific dance film inside the privacy of your home.
Respond directly to a site your home. Explore shooting coverage & employing multiple camera angles…. Experiment!
Use quick cuts, speed ramps… circle the dance, invite the camera inside of the dance and get insidethe feeling of the dance…
Avoid using only frontal coverage. Feel free to express exactly how you feel about what you’re going through — what we’re all going through.
At the end of each week or so, we will select several one minute or less movies to post to our IG/FB, and eventually (not sure when this will end) we will be selecting 6 winners to receive cash awards and coverage in Cultural Weekly!
For inspiration, please see our newest submission from the AMAZING Sam McReynolds @sammypmc.
1) Post your film on Instagram & Facebook
2) Tag @dare2danceinpublic, Founder/Director @arrogantelbow & Associate Producer @zoe.rappaport
3) Send in $6 via PayPal to email@example.com
4) Make sure to include the social handles of you and/or anyone else involved (be it remotely or in person).
5) If you are not on social media, please e-mail your film to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be creative, be moving, be wild… be whoever or however you want to be.
Be prepared to make it PUBLIC… We dare you too!